Brinvale Recycling Scheme
Here at Brinvale we care about the environment, we do all we can to ensure our processes are as environmentally friendly as possible. We are also proud to say that we are working towards all of our packaging being recyclable.
Currently the following items are fully recyclable:-
2.5kg Bags of Food
13kg Bags of Food
12.55kg Suet Pellets
10kg Suet Pellets
20kg Bags of Food
25kg Bags of Food
All Suet Ball Packaging
Suet Block Packaging
All Cardboard Boxes
Peanut Butter Jars
Peanut Butter Pods & Refills
We appreciate not all councils throughout the UK will recycle all of the bags used for packaging listed above even though it is fully recyclable, this is where we come in! Here at Brinvale we have developed a scheme to ensure everyone can be assured what can be recycled is being recycled.
If this is something you are interested in, this is how it works
1. You request a Royal Mail mailing bag with your next order either on the phone or in the special delivery instructions section
2. You store the recyclable bags (as listed above) received with your bird food
3. When you have no more than 1.9kg of bags (this is approximately 17 x large bags, or 22 x 13kg bags
4. Place these inside the Royal Mail mailing bag (ensure it does not weigh over 2kg in total) seal the bag and take to a post office, send the package second class addressed to
Brinvale Bird Foods
5. Remember to include a note inside so we know who has returned their bags
6. Brinvale will happily use the recycling facilities here at our farm to ensure these are disposed of in the correct manner.
7. Brinvale will also give you Wild Bird Food FOC to the value of the cost of posting the package, alternatively, you can select to donate this amount to the British Trust of Ornithology (BTO) which helps fund the research of Britain’s Bird populations as well as the conservation of their habitats.