Wren / Robin Nest Box
This Robin nest box will help bring more wildlife to your garden. Traditionally birds find cavities in trees and buildings to build their nest to raise their young. However, in recent times there has been a lack of mature trees across the country meaning there hasn't been enough nesting sites to go around. This is one of the reasons why nest boxes have become so popular around the country to help wild birds.
This attractive nest box is ideal for many different types of birds. The gap is big enough for birds such as robins, wrens, blackbirds, spotted flycatchers and song thrushes.
The wren/robin nest box is made with quality, eco friendly materials. The wood used has been sourced from well managed forests and has been treated so that it will last longer in the British weather! It is also very easy to clean as there is a side panel which folds down to allow easy access.
What birds could nest in this box?
- spotted flycatchers
- song thrushes
Tips for siting and cleaning a nest box:
- Site yoiur nest box 2m from the ground, ideally in a quiet spot in your garden.
- Make sure there is nothing blocking the entrance to the bird box hole.
- Ideally place your nest box somewhere between the north and the east to avoid prevailing winds and strong sunlight.
- If the nest box is sited in Autumn there is much stronger chance it will be used for hibernation.
- Clean your nest box at the end of breeding season (October) using hot water and a brush with strong bristles!
- It is important not to check the nest box during the breeding season as this could disturb the birds inside!